There are many factors you need to look for when choosing the best egg incubator for sale for your various uses. In addition, all these factors have interwoven consequences that affect the overall output of the incubator and your overall user experience.
One of the factors that you will consider when choosing an egg incubator is the type of incubator available. This is because incubators come in different types and every type will have the following effects on the overall decision you will make plus the results you will get:
- It will affect the amount of money you will pay for it. Smaller incubators cost lesser than heavy commercial ones
- It will determine the kind of features and benefits that you will enjoy
- It will determine the kind of user experience that you will have
- It will determine the purpose of the incubator
- It will affect the level and extent of output that you will get
- It will determine the amount of space that you will need for your project
- It will determine the level of expansion you can make on the incubator
The four main types of incubators in the market
These are some of the most common incubators in many homes and they are ideal for small domestic uses and projects. Their main features are listed below as follows:
- Egg capacity: Most of these mini incubators have a capacity of between 1 and 12 eggs.
- Kind of eggs: they are suitable for smaller eggs that range from duck, chicken and quail eggs
- Price range: their pricing ranges from $20 all the way to $400
- Suitable users: it is suitable for domestic uses, learning projects ad small science research projects
- Tabletop incubators
This type of incubators is bigger than mini incubators in performance and size. The main features of this type of incubators are listed below as follows:
- Egg capacity: the incubator has an egg capacity of between 1 and 130 eggs but this varies based on other factors such as the type of eggs that need to be incubated and also the type of model
- Expansion ability: this type of incubator can be expanded by purchasing other accessories
- Price range: the price range of this type of incubator is between $50 and $1,000. The price can reach $1,000 and above if you want to enjoy automatic egg turning benefits
- Egg types: it is able to accommodate different types and sizes of eggs
- Suitable users: this type of incubator is suitable for the both domestic breeding and light commercial farming
- Cabinet incubators
This type of incubator is the second largest and it is larger than the mini and tabletop types of incubators. Its main features are captured below.
- Egg capacity: it has the capacity to hold between 50 and 500 chicken and duck eggs, 13 and 60 turkey or goose eggs, 130-1,500 quail eggs
- Egg type: it can accommodate different types and sizes of eggs
- Expansion ability: it has a higher level of expansion compared to its mini and tabletop counterparts.
- Pricing range: this type of incubators costs between $ 600 and $ 5,000.
- Suitable users: it is an ideal option for small scale breeders.
- Commercial incubators
This type of incubators is the largest and definitely costs more that all its counterparts. Its main features are listed below.
- Egg capacity: it has an egg capacity of more than 1,000 chicken eggs, more than 100 turkey/goose eggs, more than 1,500 quail eggs
- Egg types: it is able to accommodate all types and sizes of eggs
- Price range: this type will cost between $ 5,000 and $ 10,000
- Expansion ability: it can be expanded to a moderate level and all that depends on the model at hand
- Suitable users: it is purely for large scale commercial breeders