Looking for the best air compressor? You should visit air compressor at airtoolresource.com , we’ve spent hundreds of hours testing and researching just to find out the answer for you. Check out our air compressor reviews and buying guide below to find out the right air compressor for your needs.
Oil-free pump together with maintenance-free operation ensure durability
The motor of the Dewalt D55146 model is functional with enhanced higher efficiency. Along with the oil-free pump, the manufacturer has guaranteed durability for this maintenance free machine. The quality of materials and components used in its manufacture are excellent while its gears can also be given thumbs high as they function properly. At 83 pounds, it is quite heavier than a number of other portable air compressors but that’s worth it. The fitted wheels ensure that it is still highly portable as it can easily be moved around. Effectively, the compressor has certainly been built to work well under tough jobsite conditions. Its relatively lower noise measuring about 78 decibels makes it a suitable model for use indoors.
Features and Specifications
- Beautiful wheels: the D55146 is particularly heavier than most of the model. However, its individual wheels have been designed to make it much easier to move around with. For smooth portability, the handle stretches quickly and easily. The ten inch wheels assists in easy movement of the model hence increased portability.
- Powerful 200 PSI: the engine of this air compressor is powered by 5.4 CFM @ 200 PSI that’s very powerful indeed. It finds no difficulty when it comes to powering most of the tools you will need to use.
- Low Noise: most air compressors are characterized with lots of noise. The Dewalt D55146 is however quite unique as its noise is relatively low and tolerable. Its standard cycle reaches when it gets to about 160 PSI and it is also capable of running from approximately 1750 RPM. The low noise in conjunction with the slight vibration make the model a user friendly machine both at home and in work places where you don’t want to scare aware customers with much noise.
- It comes with a vertical stand feature together with a collapsible handle both of which allow the operator to save on space since the operator can be transported or/and stored in a vertical position.
- It is also accompanied with a twelve month warranty
- It measures 33. 5 inches × 44. 8 inches × 24.5 inches
- It is relatively cheap when you compare it with its functionality, reliability and efficiency
- Two or three tools can be used at a go, courtesy of its multi pressure valve
- It has a big tank that allows the machine to be running for long hours without losing its fill fast
- It has wheels that allow for easy maneuverability
- It saves storage space since it can be stored and transported either while in vertical position or horizontal position.
- It has a very powerful engine that serves all your home or professional needs
- It is relatively less noisy when compared with others hence can be used indoors or in workshops that need less noise.
- Its weight is one major setback that concerns some customers. It is heavier than most of the portable models you know off. The heavy weight is as a result of the big tank which is an advantage on its side. The heaviness is addressed by the wheels.
Based on the available space, the model can be kept, stored or transported in either vertical or horizontal positions. However, it must never be operated in the vertical position. The upright or rather vertical position is only for storage purposes. Its wheels are well balanced to ensure that not only is easy maneuverability enhanced but also storage is made much easier.